The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Friday, November 04, 2005

It does happen

Well, the end of the tunnel does eventually come and I have proof. A friend and her husband are currently in China waiting to meet their daughter! They are traveling for an extra long time to get to know the country and culture and will then get to bring home their little girl on Thanksgiving Day! It's amazing to see a family I know complete the international journey and gives me hope to be strong and continue on. Although, I'm a little bitter as I learn more about their wait time and such. From the time their dossier arrived in China until now has only been 9 months!!!!!!!! Man, I wish we were older! But alas - we are not going to China, we are waiting for the wonderful Thailand for our newest addition. I guess that's how things were suppose to be. You might have guessed, there is no new news on our dossier, so we just keep waiting.

We are excited about attending an adoption convention in a couple of weeks. It's a fun day of sessions about everything you'd need to know about adoption from start until finish (and then some on parenting and social issues). It'll be a great super empowering day that we are really looking forward to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home