The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Waiting to wait

Well, the agency representative is back but our program director has not had a chance to sit down and catch up with her - oh and she's off tomorrow, so she'll try on Thursday! Please excuse my sarcasm but I'm finding it hard not to totally explode!!!!!! The soul purpose of this trip was to find out information for the agency and the families in the program and, what? I'm sorry, you can't find the time to get together for updates? What's that about? So, now we are waiting to hear if there is any news on our waiting.

So, of course, sitting here listening to RENT is so uplifting and putting me in a much more pleasant mood :) At least my cough is going away and I can sing along. That makes me happy.

Although, actually there is some good news - I've made a contact in Bangkok. His name is Eric and he graduated from Beloit College in 1977. I contacted the alumni office and asked for names and contact information of alumni in Thailand - I figure coming from a smaller school it was worth a shot and there were about 6 contacts. I picked the first one on the list with an email address and took a chance. He's super nice and totally willing to email me and answer my questions. I feel very lucky to have connected with him, and that's one good thing that's going on right now. :)

I'll keep you posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home