The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Heading into Spring?

Well - all the birthday craziness is over, the holidays are over, and swim season is on break (from meets not practice)....and now we just wait for the weather to get warm. Hopefully we don't have to wait too long. Here in Chicagoland we have not had much of a Spring yet - so it's hard to wrap my brain around the fact that school will be out in about 1 month!!!!! We have nothing planned!

Well - that's not true - we know what we want to do just haven't actually booked anything. And I'm still working on the Thai Family Reunion - hope those registration forms start coming in soon!

Jesse is all registered for Kindergarten - I can't believe it! He's really developing into his own, which is awesome to see but it's hard to say good-bye to my baby. Ian .... well Ian is Ian and the older he gets the more gray hairs I get :) I see a lot of myself in him - but I don't remember that in me until I was a little older....sorry Mom and Dad. At least I turned out to be a decent person, so I know Ian will get through just fine...me on the other hand - not sure :)

Just a little update while I had time. Really nothing exciting or life changing happening now. It's currently National Infertility Awareness Week. It's always in the back of my mind how lucky I am to have my family - but I will never forget the struggle it took to get here. So many are still struggling - keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

FYI

Noticed reunion page was down today. Hopefully only a temporary thing.

5/04/2011 2:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home