The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Sunday, May 09, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Today is Mother's day - a day I have mixed feelings about. I don't know if it's because of my struggle with becoming a mother or just the overall belief that everyday you should respect and love your mother. I don't ask for gifts or fancy meals - although, the nice fresh bagels for breakfast this morning were per my request :) I just like being able to relax and choose how I spend the day. Today I spent the day in my PJs, snuggling with my boys off and on, listening to them play, working on cross-stitch, and watching tv.

I also spent the day thinking of a special mother half way around the world. She is raising her boy and hopefully spending a loving day with him today - but I was lucky enough to spend the day with OUR boy. And I remember there are so many birth mothers who's day today is not filled with the love of another child, but the empty space of the child they granted to another mother. I wish there were a day where they could walk around proudly and receive flowers at church and be taken to brunches and bbqs - for they are the true meaning of Mother's Day. The selfless love and commitment to a child shines bright through the eyes of a birth mother! THANK YOU!

1 Comments:

Blogger chaniemom said...

Your words are so true! It is certainly a day of mixed emotions. It can be a very emotionally charged day. I'm glad you could spend the day relaxing and reflecting on your many blessings. May every day be so!

5/09/2010 7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home