The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

2 years!

This is a special time of year for us. June 8th was Jesse's official Gotcha Day. We said good-bye to the Thai Red Cross and took him into our home forever. Yesterday marked the 2nd anniversary of this event! TWO YEARS!?!?!?!? In some ways it seems like it just happened and in other ways it seems like he's been with us from day 1.

I spent a lot of time just looking at him yesterday - remembering how small and scared he was then compared to how strong and outgoing he is now. How much he's grown - although remembering how we caught glimpses of his personality slowly but surely as he came out of his shell in our Bangkok hotel room. Again, I spent a lot of time thinking about all those who loved him and gave him great foundation to grow and be successful no matter where his home ended up being. I wonder if he remembers in his heart (or just thinks he does because of all the pictures he's seen).

It's hard to even explain how much my life has changed and how much happiness I've experienced over the past 2 years. Not only because of Jesse, but because of having my family complete and safe at home. I know people who are still struggling to build their families, still waiting in this process....and all I can say is hang in there! It's so worth it in the end and all the struggles seem like such a small part of the forever you will have with your child. Already 2 years with Jesse has brought me a million times more joy than than the deepest sorrow I felt while waiting for him and I have a lifetime to go! Hang in there - it'll happen for all of you!

2 Comments:

Blogger Glen and Andrea said...

What a wonderful post Hannah! You are so right. Wish we could have joined in the reunion at R and K's.

6/09/2009 4:51 PM  
Blogger Swiftyjess said...

Happy Jesse Day a bit late!

6/16/2009 1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home