The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Can it be for real?

I can't believe I'm actually going to type this....but Jesse is potty trained. He's been going good for a while but it just seems so fast - I wasn't sure it was really happening. The whole nine yards - done! He's been wearing underwear (the cutest little underwear to fit his little 23lb body) and although we are keeping him in pull-ups at night, stays dry. I'm such a proud mom!

Both the boys are doing great. Ian had his first holiday concert at school and it was so cute. I have some video when Sam downloads it (and my computer is fixed). I'm on Sam's computer now because he's trying to update mine and make it faster but he bought a broken part. That means at the moment I can't get to my pictures. But soon, I'll post our holiday card (which will go out in the mail on Monday), and some videos - hopefully of Ian's concert and of him playing the guitar over Thanksgiving.

We are in full winter swing here - although not as bad as the ice storms in the New England area. However, a friend of mine did slip on the ice and she had to have surgery - she broke her leg in 3 places!!!!!! Winter is not my friend, but at least I'm lucky enough to have not had any serious injuries associated with it! (knock on wood)

We're looking forward to the holidays. Hanukkah starts next Sunday night and the boys are done with school this week. We don't really have much planned for over the break (anyone up for a playdate?).

Things are good here and I hope you all are having a good holiday season - we wish you all health and happiness in the new year!

4 Comments:

Blogger Robin and Kyle said...

Yipee!!
I'm' so (jealous) happy for you!
Congratulations Jesse!

If you want to make the trek, we're always happy to host a play date here. =)

12/15/2008 11:02 AM  
Blogger Carey and Norman said...

Congrats on the potty...I agree that little boy undies are so cute!!

Enjoy the slower pace of life especially since it is the holidays!

12/15/2008 6:53 PM  
Blogger Glen and Andrea said...

I can inly imagine your relief at the potty training ;) !!

It sounds VERY cold at your place. We are still waiting for Summer to arrive. It's taking it's time this year.

12/17/2008 1:26 AM  
Blogger TracyMcGal said...

What a great gift for you, no more diapers! Sounds like things are going good. Do you have any input on the Governor drama/scandal? I think about ya when I watch the news.

12/19/2008 10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home