The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Monday, August 18, 2008

What a great weekend

Well, as the Summer heat seems to be breaking - we had a gorgeous weekend here. I'm not a huge fan of hanging out outside - but this weather was just the right combination of cool breeze and few bugs to make it okay for me :). The big exciting news is that Ian learned how to ride a two wheeler!!!!! We had a play date on Friday and his friend had been riding all summer without training wheels - that prompted a "I must learn" attitude and by mid morning on Saturday he was already making it across out front lawn....by Sunday afternoon we was able to start, stop, and steer himself around path at the park (see video). It's amazing how quickly he's picked it up, and he's loving it. I wish we lived on a street where he can go riding a bit, but for now when we're home he's confined to the driveway (which isn't bad, it's larger than average).

Jesse has loved watching him and now wants to learn, but I think we'll hold off on that for awhile. Maybe next summer - he does seem to be gifted in the tumbling, balancing, climbing arena but still it's a little early for a two-wheeler for him!

School will be starting right after Labor Day. Both boys are excited - I'm a little nervous about kindergarten. I feel like I'm losing a bunch of control because there is so little contact with the teacher, classroom, and other parents. I still can't believe Ian's starting real school!


Here's Jesse on his little bike. (Notice the shirt Aunt Sheilah and Aunt Frona?!?!?)
Here's the video of Ian riding around at the park! He's so good, right?! :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so proud! What a big boy! Make sure he sees this! Pretty soon he'll be hitting the ramps in the background!

-sara

8/18/2008 1:58 PM  
Blogger Glen and Andrea said...

Sure is! Love the video. I guess this will be an ongoing thing for you with number 2 son - little brother wanting to do what big brother does!

Love Andrea

PS. That sunshine looks great to me right now =)

8/18/2008 4:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! way to go Ian. Makes me feel proud and sad at the same time. He can't really be starting kindergarten can he? :)
Love,
Wendy

8/19/2008 8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home