The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Update

I thought I should leave an update about Jesse and school. Last week was better - he only cried for about 5 minutes. I'll see how tomorrow goes - he keeps telling me he won't cry, but he said that last week as well.

There are a few things that I think are aiding in the process. 1)Jesse is cute (if I do say so myself) and snuggly, therefore making him more apt to be tolerated by the teachers. As a preschool teacher, it's harder to comfort kids that push away from you, making them not very endearing. Jesse will not turn away a snuggle. 2)I'm an active parent, I want to know how class went, what they did, how he did. A lot of parents just drop off and pick up, making it hard for teachers to connect. Therefore, I think he's getting some extra attention from the teachers - making his transitions a little smoother. Trust me, I'm not complaining. :)

Otherwise, we've had play dates and lots of time with friends. I can't believe it's nearly July and then it's just a few more months until Ian starts kindergarten!!!!! Incredible.

4 Comments:

Blogger Robin and Kyle said...

It's great to hear he's doing better!

Thanu can't wait to meet your boys, and loves playgrounds, so next time you're in Beloit, let us know!
=)

6/27/2008 6:36 AM  
Blogger Serena said...

If it makes you feel any better, when I was little (say 2 or so), I used to CRY every time my Da would drop me off at daycare. And then I would CRY when he picked me up. He felt absolutely horrid, until the daycare person told him to wait one day after he dropped me off. He did, and stood just outside the window where I could see him. I CRIED for a couple minutes, and then stopped, and continued on my way with no problem.

The daycare provider pointed out that I was just making him feel horrid, and then I was happy to go on my way to play. :)

6/30/2008 9:41 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Glad things are getting easier. It is such a huge change for them.

7/01/2008 2:30 AM  
Blogger chaniemom said...

Glad to hear he's coming around. It usually only takes a week or two of tears at drop-off time until they are adjusted. It's always "fun" to deal with the ones who kick you when they are crying. But much more fun to have those cute, snuggly kids who don't leave bruises on your body.

7/04/2008 7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home