The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Jesse update

I should have posted this over the weekend but time slipped away. Jesse had school again on Friday. He was very upset about going earlier in the morning and even shed some tears in our living room. But....we packed his snack bag - which got him a little excited - then he carried it to the car, which apparently is great fun. I was nervous because of the earlier episode.....but.....Jesse didn't cry!!!!!!! We arrived at his classroom and he hung up his bag...walked into the classroom....saw a giant tunnel....crawled through.....went straight over the media table.....and that was that.

I quickly (and quietly) signed him in and exited the room. I felt a little bad about not saying good-bye but the trade off was not having to have him ripped from my arms. Turns out, even after class started and he realized I wasn't there.....he still didn't cry!!!!!!! We'll see how it goes this week.

Cute story about my super cute and totally 2-year old.
Scene: Jesse working on a puzzle.
Jesse "I need help"
Ms. Claudia "Okay - can you say please?"
Jesse "yes."
The end :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Glen and Andrea said...

It sounds like Jesse is doing great =) Cute story too! A straight forward answer to a straight forward question.

7/23/2008 3:32 AM  
Blogger hirallysantiago@gmail.com said...

Great for Jesse and mom - so much easier when they don't cry!

7/24/2008 11:56 PM  
Blogger chaniemom said...

Way to go for Jesse! I have a four year old boy who has been coming to our school for over a year and he cries nearly every morning. So, I'd say Jesse is very well-adjusted beyond his years!

7/29/2008 8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home