The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Sunday, January 30, 2005

Change in plans?

Things never seem to go as planned, so I'm not sure why this should be any different. We had our timeline all planned out and that's what we were going to stick with. But the more I write about it, think about it, and plan for it the more I want to get started sooner than later. I wish I could finish all my home renovations in a matter of days rather than weeks and we could win the lottery and just start all the paperwork. I had visions of celebrating my 30th birthday in Thailand (which would be a year from Feb) but I know that is unlikely. I'm just getting very anxious. Sam and I have already started thinking of names.

Other things have changed as well. It turns out my job at Gymboree is not as stable as I had thought. The center that I worked has been closed and my boss is not opening another location in the area anytime soon. She offered me a job during the week at her other location, but it's too far to drive and not fair to expect my mom to watch Ian once a week like that. Especially since mom goes away for the summers. I'll be able to pick up some admin hours but it's not going to pay nearly as much, which puts a damper on things. I used to think I was somewhat talented but I spend many a night drifting off to sleep trying to think of ways to make money for the adoption. I try to think of fast and cost effecient ideas people would buy at craft shows or something I could put together to sell and network. But I keep coming up empty........any ideas out there? I guess my talents are simply not marketable.

1 Comments:

Blogger Hannah said...

I know it seems like things aren't going your way, but things have a way of changing rather quickly. Try not to be so hard on yourself. YOU ARE VERY TALENTED!!! I'm here for you if you need me.

2/05/2005 6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home