The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Friday, May 20, 2005

Chugging along

The dossier document collection is going great - we found out that we don't need to get new marriage or birth certificates issued, which will save us a lot of time. I called all my doctors and they are all ready and willing to get the letters out ASAP. Now we have to just get photos, copy some documents, and filling in more application type paperwork. It's really got some great momentum going now and I don't see why these papers shouldn't be sent to WACAP within a week or so. I know I've said that before but now things seem to really be moving and since I really looked over stuff and got it all organized it should be good.

We are still waiting to receive a draft of our homestudy - our social worker said she'd try to get the draft done before heading out of town, but we have not received anything. She left for her sons graduation two days ago. Hopefully she got her draft at least back to FRC for the agency director to look over. I spoke to WACAP and they have not received a draft as of yet either. I'm planning on calling FRC today to see if they have heard anything from Gail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home