The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Couldn't wait

I just kept waiting and waiting thinking it can't possibly take this long to get mail to Seattle. So, today I called WACAP and asked about our application. Showing interest couldn't really be held againt us. Well, turns out our application was opened this morning and will be processed tomorrow and then we are officially in the adoption game. There really is no acceptance at this point, but we are in the system and getting everything underway. I spoke to someone who was so nice and ready to answer all my questions. It's really real. As of tomorrow we will be in the WACAP system saying the Listopad family is going to adopt from Thailand. It's all so crazy. The ease of this first phase has made me a little more relaxed about the following phases - I know we have nothing to worry about with our homestudy. We are good people who try our best to be good parents and are ready to accept another child into our lives.

We will mail the homestudy application to that agency hopefully this Friday. We still need to write our statement for that and then hopefully within 3 weeks we'll have our first meeting starting off the homestudy process.

I'm so happy with anticipation and excitement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home