The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Another great meeting

Last night we attended another pre-adoption support group meeting and once again it was great. I remember the last infertility support group meeting I attended, the one where I had to announce that I was pregnant. I was scared and nervous and not really wanting to share my news. I didn't want to see the looks for envy and discust in people's faces - people who'd been going through the same thing as us but were not as lucky. But that's not what happens with this adoption group. Last night a woman announced they had a match with a birthmother and within the next two weeks could be parents. You should have seen the looks on people's faces - the happiness and joy. Everyone was laughing and talking nervously about the anticipated arrival. Of course, nothing is certain until it's for certain, so there is still an air of caution but it's so different. I never felt the right or desire to celebrate my pregnancy, but this process so completely different. I have some really wonderful feelings and emtions going on right now that "normal" expentant mothers probably feel (that I never did). We are still very early in the process, but it seems like we are so much closer than when we were going through treatments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home