The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Sunday, February 06, 2005

Great book

I'm reading this fabulous book called "Secret Thoughts of an Adoptive Mother" by Jana Wolff. It's such an honest look at adoption full of those secret thoughts that most of us are ashamed of thinking and push out of our heads as soon as we have them. It's nice to know others out there are/were afraid of not bonding or loving the child they are placed with.

I myself have had thoughts about being the mother of an asian child. Will we bond? Will Ian and his new sibling bond? Can an Asian teenage really look at me and respect me as their mother? Can I raise a baby from Buddist Thailand as a Jewish "American"? Silly thoughts but I have them, and in reading this book I've learned everyone has similiar thoughts, whether they are ready to admit it or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home