The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Thursday, February 10, 2005

The little things

I don't ever really consider myself an obsessive person, but perhaps I am and always have been. Maybe that's why I've always been so good at busy work, never minded math homework, and seem to focus on all the little details. I've been planning and replanning Ian's second birthday party and in the process discovered one of the coolest things ever. Ian loves Fisher-Price Little People (which happens to be the theme for his party) and I enjoy buying him Little People because they are toys that'll last for years - anyway..... I received a phone call from a friend about some cool new stuff online at Fisher-Price and that's where I discovered a new Little People set called Families in Your Neighborhood. There is a white family, a black one, a Hispanic one, and most importantly an Asian one. The Asian family comes with a little baby in a basket! I couldn't believe how perfect it was. I've decided to ceremoniously present Ian with this little plastic baby when hear our application has been accepted by the adoption agency. I know it'll mean nothing to him, and he probably won't even notice the baby looks different from his other Little People, but in 10 years maybe it'll mean something to him. Or I can hope. Like I said, perhaps I am obsessive (and a little crazy).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home