The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Fundraiser

We are planning a fundraiser - I know it sounds weird and like we are begging for money, but this is a great one. We are having a Tastefully Simple party and a percentage of the total sales will be given back to us in a check. SO people are not giving us money, they are just buying products for themselves and therefore helping us out. I've had some fundraising ideas in the past but they have been shot down by some people, saying it was like I was asking for handouts. I don't want that. This way it's all like a normal party - with maybe a little more insentive to buy if you were doubting something. There is no additional mark up on the products, there is nothing extra added, so for the party goers it's like a normal Tastefully Simple party.

It's a long way before we are done with this process and the money issues hang over my head. Someone I love, please win the lottery soon!!! Or better yet, someone who loves me! :)

I wish I knew how to post pictures here because we have some great ones from when we went to the Taste of Thailand. The dancers' costumes were amazing and it was so great seeing all those Thai people.

Not a lot to update - we are going to have a phone meeting with the director of the Thai program at WACAP sometime next week. I'll write more about that when it happens. For now.....we are still waiting for two more pieces of our dossier before we can send it in for review and translation. So we are still looking at a few more months before it hits Thailand. Then the real waiting begins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home