The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Monday, December 26, 2005

A new calm

I've noticed since we received the news of our approval a new calm has come over me. I've been thinking about the whole process a lot less and really focusing on the baby itself. Thinking ahead and hoping that by this time next year we'll at least have a match and a picture of our newest addition. But it's not a stressful thinking or a sad thinking, it's a thinking of all the things that are going to happen next year and adding that to the list. Hopefully 2006 will be a great year to remember. There are of course all the what-ifs, but I really haven't had much trouble with them yet. The approval has allowed me to move into a very happy place and we are back to talking about names and teaching Ian about his new sibling. We received a book as a gift called "A love like no other" - a collection of adoption stories from all angles. I'm excited to dive in and start reading it. I've also gotten a lot of great encouraging emails from family and friends in regards to our approval status. It's wonderful to know we have so much support and that this child is already loved and accepted by so many people.

Since there won't be a lot of updates on the actual process I've decided to start posting things I learn along the way about Thailand. First thing, Orchids are the national flower. I'm sure they will become more interesting as my research goes on. I haven't done research since college :) But at least this will be fun - and no paper required.

I also have a huge cross-stitch project to start that will eventually end up being a wonderful scene of Bangkok. Hopefully I'll figure out how to post pictures and I'll show everyone my progress (Jessica, can you tell me how to post pictures?).

Happy New Year everyone! Thanks for all the support and love you have shown us so far and I hope I have been able to show it in return.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home