The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Going well

We have been home a few days now and things seem to be going really well. I went through a period of regret and sadness about the fact we left Ian at home. He seems to have been well fed and very well spoiled - which of course made me feel like he would have been better with us. My mom says she didn't treat Ian any differently - but I don't really believe her. He also was acting weird because we'd be gone and I know that this is a big transition for him as well - it was just all so much emotionally for me to be home, finally, and then return to a little boy acting so weird. It's getting better all around. Ian is great with Jesse and Jesse really seems to enjoy Ian - we'll see how long this honeymoon period lasts.

There has been some interesting develops since coming home. In Thailand, Jesse was a great sleeper and napper. He'd take his bottle, lay down, and go to sleep - not so much here at home. He's been crying every time we put him in his crib - what I call his baby money cries (his mouth gets really big and his eyes close up and no sound comes out). Before he would snuggle under a blanket now he doesn't want anything to do with blankets.....I know our crib has got to be more comfortable than the hotel one....not really sure what's happening but I'm thinking it's part of the transitioning.

Now I'm dealing with when can I take him out. We are all going a little crazy being couped up in the house. And Jesse really needs a pair of shoes. I know we still need to limit his contact with people but can't I take him to the mall??????? There is no handbook that says when it's okay to start doing these things and I'm just not sure. I know he knows who we are and that we take care of him - but does he know enough to turn to us in public with so many people around to choose from? When is it okay to test?

Well - here's our first official family picture taken right as we greeted family and friends at the airport. The boys are wearing their big brother/little brother shirts. Don't I look lovely after 22 hours on a plane :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Carol's Ink Spot said...

Hello LIstopad family!

Welcome home and now to start and get back into a normal routine with everyone! Good Luck!

Carol

6/24/2007 2:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to thank you for blogging your days. My family and I are just beginning this process and your blog has really been encouraging for me.

Thanks again,
Jeni

6/24/2007 6:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay! So good to see some family photos! I'm very happy for you!

6/28/2007 6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hannah, I am so happy for you and your family. Jesse is a beautiful child. Sendng you many blessings.

Carla Driggs

6/29/2007 2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home