The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Morning

Well it's nearly 6am on Board meeting day and I didn't sleep very well at all. I kept getting up for 1) to go to the bathroom or 2) because of weird dreams in which people were telling us the wrong places to go for the meeting.

Anyway - I'm starting to feel better which means a little more energy and a clear head. We'll see how today goes with the running around and such.

Yesterday we ventured out to find a toy store - although the newest edition of our Bangkok travel guide led us to the 5th floor of huge shopping complex...it was not there. Luckily, it hadn't moved far and we walked through three connected buildings, and a small courtyard to another use shopping building to the giant department store inside there. Any which way, we found the toy section and scored for Ian - he's been wanting the Plan City Log Truck for a long time and since our store at home hasn't been carrying it...and they are made in Bangkok our hopes were high. And we found it. We are now heroes to our 4 year old.

Before he headed out for the adventure, it was nap time and I think it's safe to say Jesse has gotten used to all the personal attention. The first few days he took his milk and went right to sleep in his crib...not so much the last few days :) But when this is his preferred place of rest, how can you get mad? It's safe to say he's mine - all mine.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww. Sleeping on momma. Does it get better than that?
- Maria

6/12/2007 6:31 PM  
Blogger Glen and Andrea said...

Wishing you the best of luck for the meeting today. I'm really, really keen to hear all about it so we know a little about what will be coming up for us in the future. All the photos are just gorgeous. I'm sure you're making the most of all those precious cuddles! We are so happy for you and Sam and your family.

6/12/2007 7:14 PM  
Blogger Serena said...

Glad you're feeling better; sorry, if I'd had more time, I'd have sent you the Montezuma's Revenge meds I got for Costa Rica. :) He's such a terribly precious little bug. Fingers and toes crossed that all goes easily tomorrow.

6/12/2007 8:35 PM  
Blogger Robin and Kyle said...

We're glad you're feeling better, Hannah. Good luck at the board meeting! What a precious picture. You guys are so lucky!

6/12/2007 8:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hannah,
He's such a snuggle bug!!
I'm so happy to hear that you are feeling better. I empathize with you b/c every time I travel I get sick. It never fails. I'm going to be praying very hard when we travel that I'm as healthy as a horse.
I can't wait to hear how the board meeting goes. Will Sam's transformation be worth it??:)
Sam doesn't know how popular he's become on the boards in regards to his cool hair and beard:)
Take good care.
Hugs, April

6/12/2007 9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope the meeting went well! Hope you are starting to feel more back to normal. Can't believe you'll be home in a week :) Miss you guys!
Love,
Wendy

6/12/2007 10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home