The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Day two

Well we visited Jesse twice today but it didn't seem to matter. He was not feeling us today and was quite weepy both times. Although, this morning we almost got a smile there was no such luck this afternoon. It made it a little easier to say good-bye knowing we make him so sad. The social worker said he's afraid of all strangers - but it's hard to see him shut down around us and the perk back up in his crib. I know we are strangers and I know it'll take time I just didn't know how hard it would be. Most babies like me.

Anyway - we took some more pictures that Sam will download later and I'll upload later. But I thought I would write a little about what's going on. Our hotel is a little out of the way (most of the taxi's have had a hard time finding it) so it's hard to venture out because we have to take a taxi everywhere. We are surrounded by alleys which in the daytime are fine but I don't want to walk around them at night. We've eaten most of our meals at the hotel restaurant which I'm hoping once we will not be running back and forth to the TRC will change. Then we can explore different parts of the city and eat at new places around.

Things we've seen a lot of - 7-11 store and McDonald's. I was surprised about the McDonald's because I thought KFC was more popular, but I don't think I've seen even one of those. Other things we haven't seen so much is silver jewelry. I thought it would be everywhere. Maybe if we check out the weekend street market I'll find something cool.

Things I regret - not packing my sandals. It's only day 3 and already my pinky toes have blisters. Not learning more Thai phrases before we left - it's a very fast and difficult language and it's really hard to communicate with people.

I miss Ian like crazy - even though we've talked everyday and I'm sure he's having so much fun without us (probably having is full of french fries, chicken nuggets, and hot dogs). I'm always aware of what time it is there and what he might be doing.

I'll post more with the pictures.

2 Comments:

Blogger Robin and Kyle said...

Hi Hannah,
Hang in there. I'm sure you'll get a smile soon!

6/07/2007 5:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there guys. It's going to take time, but I'm sure it will be so worth it in the end! Wendy :)

6/07/2007 2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home