The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Meeting Jesse

Today was a bit surreal. We didn't have our appointment until 2pm and I was so calm the entire day. Like there was nothing special going on. We went to breakfast in the morning, then walked around our hotel area (I bought a pen and a mechanical pencil with purple lead) and then came back for lunch. We lounged around and time ticked by so slowly.

We finally got in our taxi to head to the TRC - we even had the address written in Thai but that didn't help. We got lost and were driving in circle, which made up about 5 minutes late. For those of you who know me I hate being late and usually I'm early. But anyway - I'll have to post about the traffic and driving here another time. I think I get 10 grey hairs with every taxi ride.

So we are finally at the TRC and we meet with the doctor. She doesn't give us anything we didn't already know but he was still napping so we talked with her. The person who we normally would have talked with is out with a back injury and will see us on friday (or possibly tomorrow afternoon, we weren't sure).

We walked over to where all the babies are kept, they are so cute! I saw him right away and he was so willing to get out of his crib for the social worker so he could be held. He was such a little monkey with big sleepy eyes. We met with him in the playroom and pulled out lots of toys to coaxed him. He stayed with the social worker and we played pass the ball, and then she moved closer to me and he sat on my leg, then my lap, and then we progressed into snuggles and such as well. He really likes being held and rested on both me and Sam. We couldn't get him to smile today but he didn't cry! Which was a relief for me. We had to leave after a few hours but we fed him some of his dinner and we will return in the morning for more playtime. I'm not sure when we will take him with us - I want to take things slow and so does the social worker. Leaving him behind was not as hard as I thought - I knew it was best for him. He doesn't know us and I think we was pretty done with us by the time we left. I've loved him for a long time and after seeing him in person I can now describe this feeling. I love him like I love a lot of children in my life. But he's not mine yet. I know by the time these two weeks are up and we head home he'll be mine, it felt so right holding him today.

We found out some great information about his history as well - and we did see a small picture of his birthmother - she is very beautiful. We'll have more information about his past then I thought we would, but I'll save that for another post. For now - I leave you with some pictures. And we go back tomorrow to play some more in the morning and again in the afternoon - hopefully we'll see some smiles by then. Enjoy!





Of course we have a ton more pictures but it's too hard to post them here. I'll send one giant album about to anyone interest once we get home.

11 Comments:

Blogger Gerald said...

He is beutiful. Printed for Mom to read and see

6/06/2007 11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hannah,

He is beautiful. I like the sushi pictures also.

Have a wonderful time with Jesse.

Love me

6/06/2007 12:43 PM  
Blogger TracyMcGal said...

Oh, he is so adorable. Big brown eyes. I cried reading your post. I am so, so happy for you.
Tracy Gallagher

6/06/2007 1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was so great to see you and Sam actually holding Jesse! I also love that he's wearing pink again :)

6/06/2007 2:45 PM  
Blogger April said...

Hannah he is so cute!!! How old is Jesse now??
That must have been so very sureal for you and Sam. I love his pouty look, it reminds me of my son. Can't wait to read more. Congratulations mommy:)
April

6/06/2007 3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whatta cutie. I just love seeing him in your arms.
- Maria

6/06/2007 4:19 PM  
Blogger Glen and Andrea said...

He is absolutely perfect. I'm so happy for you that you finally get to hold him in your arms. He looks so precious!

6/06/2007 4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am overjoyed for the Listopads. Jesse is simply handsome and I can see he will fit right in - once he finds out how fabulous you and Sam and Ian are.

I loved reading about your ventures. AF will too!

Love - Sheilah

6/06/2007 4:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an amazing day. You look just perfect together. Tears of joy for you and your little bundle and for the loving parents you will be for Jesse.

hugs, Libby & the boys

6/06/2007 5:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Hannah and Sam! Jesse is just beautiful- I can't wait to see pics of him with a smile on his face.

Cate M.

6/06/2007 9:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so wonderful to see you holding the beautiful child you've been dreaming of for years. I can only imagine what you are feeling right now. Hugs and I can't wait to meet Jesse this summer!

Jenny

6/07/2007 8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home