The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

We're in Bangkok

It's nearly 1:30am Wednesday morning and we're settling into our hotel - obviously to have the computer up and running. There is a fierce thunder/lightening storm going on that started during our taxi cab from the airport. Really glad it didn't start while we were in the air.

Our flights were long but mostly uneventful. 1 rude man kept is window shade up in our section of the plane the entire first leg of our trip. The sun was so bright that one window lit up the whole section. He was right across the plane from me - so I was making shadow puppets on my window shade. He didn't seem to notice (or he didn't care). The second leg, from Japan to Thailand I slept most of the way.

I did eat sushi in Japan and I"m pretty sure the guys were laughing at me. I took pictures but it's too late now to download - so those will come tomorrow because we'll have other pictures to download then. Well actually it's technically today :) And in about 12 hours we will meet our son for the first time. I think we should get some sleep so we'll at least be on the local schedule and I have a feeling our wake up call will come before I know it.

hugs from Bangkok! :)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hannah,

Big Hug. And lots of Yeahs.

I am jealus I never got to eat sushi in Japan on my layover.

My thoughts will be with you when you meet Jesse.

Looking forward to photos.

Donna

6/05/2007 3:33 PM  
Blogger April said...

Big hugs right back at you Hannah!! I can't wait to see pictures of the two of you and Jesse. We'll be praying for a smooth transition for all of you!
April

6/05/2007 4:30 PM  
Blogger Glen and Andrea said...

Oh my gosh! This is so exciting. I'll be checking for new posts constantly!

6/05/2007 4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you guys.
I've been checking for updates like every hour!
- Maria

6/05/2007 5:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear you guys arrived safely! Hugs to you. Know that I'm thinking of you!! Wendy :)

6/05/2007 7:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you made it safely! Now get some sleep!

Can't wait to see pics of Jesse!

Cate

6/05/2007 9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home