The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Nervous ramblings

Well, last night was our last support group meeting in the pre-adoption group. It was very weird to say good-bye, not only have I been leading the group for nearly 2 years (1 year as co-leader) but we've never had an active member complete an international adoption - this month there are two!!!! Our friends who just returned from Korea and us. Our friends traveled mid-month and did not know they'd be going at the time of our last meeting, so there was no real farewell but last night I actually said good-bye, gave hugs......its was weird. We also came to the realization that a week from yesterday we will meet our son!!!!! I hadn't thought out it in those terms before - it was always how long until we left, not until we met Jesse. That was a happy moment. The weirdest part was coming home without my binder. The binder held all my notes, pictures of the children who've been adopted by group members, and other updates...that was weird.

Other ramblings - I slept pretty well last night, no pre-sleep anxiety but I had a dream where all the flights to Bangkok were cancelled for like 24 hours. It looked like a bad scene from the Amazing Race - where the one team gets bumped from the plane and you just know there is no catching up because they can't get a flight to the next destination. I hope I don't have to deal with this for the next 4 days.

New things added to my to-do list: add more music to my mp3 player, wash new clothes for Jesse, fold all our clean clothes, pack clothes suitcase (toy suitcase is already packed), buy TSA locks for our suitcases, clean spare bedroom (yes still need to do this)......I think that's all I can think of now but I'm sure more will pop into my head later.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Hannah--

I love logging on to read your latest updates...they come so frequently now which is exra exciting! You will be in my thoughts and prayers as you travel next week. Godspeed.

Adding a new brother will be an adjustment for Ian and for all of you but it won't be long until they are the best of friends and you can't imagine your family as three.

Love to all and safe travels,
Libby

5/31/2007 2:38 PM  
Blogger Robin and Kyle said...

Hannah,

Have a wonderful trip to bring Jesse home. I'll be thinking of you, and can't wait to read all about it when you get back.

Robin

6/01/2007 8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home