The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Friday, May 18, 2007

My blogging circle

I've come to realize I'm a bit crazy when it comes to checking the blogs. I have found a wonderful circle of blogging friends who I regularly check their blogs to see how they are doing, if there are updates, or what crazy story they have to tell. I check them all at least once a day - but due to the time difference with some of the bloggers' locations - I admit to checking multiple times :) As we end this phase of our adoption journey I'm finding myself a little sad and scared. While going through infertility treatments, although I was in a support group, I found myself very alone. People weren't honestly rooting for others success because it only reminded themselves of their "failure" - I'm totally guilty of it. The fake smile, the cold hug of congrats as a pregnancy was announced......but this was different. Once we started the adoption journey I found another support group. The atmosphere was amazingly different and everyone seemed really happy for everyone else. Everyone else's progress, matches, referrals....everything. Evidence shown on this very blog - where those who didn't receive their good news still showed us support and encouragement when we got ours. It's truly overwhelming.

The same goes for the support group I attend (which I've been leading for over a year). The friends I have made and the many adoptions I've seen happen - it fills me with joy. But that will be ending soon. May 30th is my last official meeting - I will no longer be part of the pre-adoption world and will graduate from the support group. I'm scared. I've come to rely on those meetings, that support, the people to help me get through this whole thing. What will happen next?

I found a writing on my computer - it must have been from when I was going through treatments and the last sentence prompted this post: "We are the many who suffer alone because to suffer together is too sad." I'm glad I've had to opportunity to prove myself wrong. I don't ever want to go through anything "alone" again (Sam doesn't count, he's always there to support me 100%).

Without being too sappy - thanks to everyone who's been walking me through this.

3 Comments:

Blogger Glen and Andrea said...

We don't want you to disappear! I know the dynamics will change but I'm sure we can still support you and you us. Please keep blogging!

5/19/2007 11:47 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Nobody say you have to stop blogging after we go. Don't you know its the new email ;)

5/21/2007 10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And Thank You for allowing us to share this process with you!

5/29/2007 3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home