The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Best posting to date

I can't believe the time has finally arrived when I can post about ---- GOING TO THAILAND! Yes, we actually received our travel call this morning. The phone call was so surreal, I was so calm and probably made Andrea a little nervous. I just had to sit down and process it - but then I called Sam. When I actually repeated the information to him, told him the good news, it hit me. I cried and smiled and it actually hit me - our baby's coming home.

I also found out today that my charm bracelet was ready for pick up at the jewelry store. I had just ordered the new charm for Jesse (engraved with name and birthday) - the timing was amazing. I couldn't pick it up fast enough and I'm sure I will not take it off until at least after Mother's Day.

I'm more calm than I thought I would be and I think it's because I got a handle of my emotions last week. Just when I thought I was at the end of my rope, I find my inner strength and realize I can survive....just to find out I'm nearly done waiting!!!!

Oh gosh, I haven't even mentioned any of the details :) We'll be in Thailand for the June 13 meeting. Timing is perfect in terms of Ian. School will be done and my mom won't be working, plus all Ian's commitments will be over - leaving a carefree schedule. I won't be worrying if he's made it to school or soccer.

I called my family members earlier today and tonight when my sister called me to talk some more the first things she said was "It's nice to hear you answer the phone and be happy." I want to cry just thinking about it. I am happy - I'm really happy and I'm so grateful for all the support I've gotten when I wasn't. That's what means the most to me, what brought me out of the darkness, and what will carry me through my life.

5 Comments:

Blogger April said...

Hannah,
I can't tell you how excited I am for you. You deserve this day more than anyone I know and hope that your travels go smoothly!!
The Board met today, were you presented then or did it happen some other way? We were told that if we heard anything that it would be tomorrow or Friday. We're holding our breath-again!
Your news just makes me smile, I am so thrilled for your family! I hope you keep up the posting while in Bangkok so I can read about your adventures with Jesse!
Blessings to you, April

5/09/2007 7:03 PM  
Blogger Swiftyjess said...

I am so happy for you! I can't wait to hear all about your adventure nor can I wait to see photos!

5/09/2007 10:02 PM  
Blogger April said...

Hannah,
You are sweet to worry but the news of your impending travel was music to my ears! I've prayed for your family and am so happy for your good news! While I'm anxious to hear, I know that the day will come. If you've waited this long I can do it!! Isn't it funny how agencies do it differently??
Hugs to you, April

5/10/2007 10:19 AM  
Blogger raych said...

Ditto what everyone else said!!! So happy!!! Many exclamation marks!!! You've been so patient, Hannah. I'm so proud of you, and so very, very glad.

5/10/2007 10:26 AM  
Blogger Glen and Andrea said...

I can't believe how happy I am for someone I've never met!! My jaw started quivering and then I realised I was actually crying. You have done the hard yards (and they really are incredibly hard) and in only a matter of days not months you will be united with that beautiful baby son of yours.
Congratulations!!
This gives me so much hope, we are all in this together and one by one we will bring home our children.

Love, Andrea from NZ

5/10/2007 4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home