The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Ian's big day

Today is Ian's 4th birthday. It's hard to believe it's been for long years since the day he entered our lives. It's gone so fast but seems like he's been around for ever. I can't even describe how he makes me feel from my insides out. It's more than pride, love, admiration - it's so much more. How can I describe something that has changed my life so profoundly. I think back to those times he was a baby - before movement and speech. Before I knew who he was - the love was different. The little boy he is today has given me a glimpse of the man he will become - and all the stages inbetween. I'm one lucky mother to have him as my own.

I can't wait to start making these types of memories and realizations about Jesse. It's magical to watch a person grow and become someone. Pure magic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home