The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Details

Because my friend posted a comment asking for more details, I'll just reply in a post for everyone. We've had over a year to think about the details and really the past few weeks to hammer down even more. Jesse's birthday is in a first weeks - he'll be a year old on the 24th. I hate that we're missing it and there is nothing we can do - although I heard you can negociate with bakeries in the area to deliver a cake but it sounds so complicated from half way around the world.

Anyway - details. Ian and Jesse will be sharing a room. We're going to sell the dressers we have and buy smaller ones from IKEA. (New curtains too to give the room a total make-over look) We'll pull the crib out of the garage and use the same hand-me-down one Ian slept in. The toy situation is going to be scaled down and unfortunatley we'll probably move Ian's trains into the living room to make room in the bedroom. I really wish I had a house with another room for toys but alas, I don't. We have a spare bedroom, but it's the only place we have for guests (and babysitters who sleep here) to stay. Both my sisters live out of town and need an area for when they visit. It's not huge but it's all we have. I think Jesse would be scared by himself anyway and will really like sharing a room - Ian likes the idea now! We'll see how he adjusts.

I'm going to take 4 additional weeks off work once we return from Thailand - not that I work a lot but I want to make sure Jesse is fully adjusted before leaving him in the nursey at the YMCA. We need to make sure he knows we are his parents and we are bonded to him for life. Ian will be going to preschool summer camp for a few weeks which will also give me time alone with Jesse.

Ian is excited about the idea of building an animal for his brother at Build-A-Bear. He gets to pick something out and make it special as his present for when his brother comes home. He likes having some control and being able to make some decisions.

I'm not sure what other details would be interesting to people. Email me if you have any specific questions :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't speak for other people but I find the details interesting.
Happy Birthday! I love birthdays too. :-)

2/11/2007 10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home