The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

It's in the mail - REALLY

I never thought these words would be real - that this moment would actually come but it's true we recevied word that our referral is in the mail currently on it's way to our agency in Seattle. Andrea received an emailed version but the scan was too bad to read anything - so we'll have to wait a few more days to find out everything but that doesn't even bother me. I just can't believe this is finally happening. We'll receive a package from Andrea that will include pictures and video taken from their November trip plus all the information from the TRC plus everything we need to do from this point on. It should take about 2 months for our paperwork to travel through the social services system in Thailand and then we'll be invited to travel - should be before the end of April (if not sooner). I want to jump out of my skin and I don't even have anything real yet. By this time next week I will be able to post a picture of my second son. How amazing is that? Stay tuned for more information :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hannah that is so exciting! congrats, i can't wait to the photos on your blog (but i'm sure you can't wait to see them even more than me!)—chris

1/10/2007 2:59 PM  
Blogger raych said...

what? hooray!! oh hannah, i'm so happy for you. i'm agonized just reading over your blog, i can't imagine what the past months have been like for you. many kudos for what you're doing.

1/10/2007 11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home