The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Last midnight - GONE!

Well, welcome to November. It's been a very hard few weeks for me and I'm not sure it's going to get any better. Since our last update we have heard nothing. Our agency has a feeling the TRC is holding onto our referral until the visit in a few weeks. It makes me sad and very down in the dumps. I really thought we'd have everything by now. It also messes up travel times. I haven't heard anything about the couple ahead of us, so I assume they have yet been invited to travel (they've been waiting 2 months). Not receiving our referral in October pretty much means we won't be traveling until February (unless there is miraculous twist of fate). It breaks my heart. I know the Thais are easy going and not ruled by the time clock, but at the same time you'd think they'd want these children in homes as quickly as possible. Once the match has been made (which is one of the hardest parts for them, I understand) you'd like they'd want things moved along - but I guess culture is culture.

I haven't been myself lately. Not only was I putting all my energy into planning an event that ended up being a disaster but it didn't even help. The time passed by but we are still waiting. I'm distracted and depressed and jealous of people will their babies. After spending time with friends and their 1.5 year old I realized how big 1.5 years old is. That's no baby, and that could be my son - a real little guy who's just waiting for us. The only thing that brings light to my heart is knowing next Halloween Ian will be trick or treating with his brother.

1 Comments:

Blogger raych said...

oh hannah. my heart just breaks for you and your little guy, wherever he is. the day will come, and when it does, all of this will have been worth it. i'm so proud of you for sticking through this. if i ever find myself in the same spot, i'll have an idea of what it takes.

11/01/2006 7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home