The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Back on track

Okay - the bad side has passed and I'm back on board this mother of two deal. I've been pretty giddy lately everytime I think about it. Although, I think I need to start working out more because both of Ian's teachers have asked me (within a week of each other) if I'm having a baby. I found it hard to be offended (one, because neither one of them looked at my stomach when asking) once they explained how Ian's been talking about his little brother so much they just had to know what was going on. It was really cute - once I got over the initial shock of the question. But both reactions to the news of adoption were just as gleeful as if I'd proudly rubbed my belly and said yes. It was a nice warm fuzzy feeling inside that some people just don't care where the baby comes from, like us, and are happy for us just the same.

My mom has been the cutest so far - she won't stop talking about how she needs a second car seat and a new umbrella stroller and about to explode if she can't tell her co-workers soon (school hasn't started yet). It's really cool to know when we step off the plane - no wait - from the moment we receive the referral picture she will love him, just like we do - no matter what.

Sam and I have had two solid names to choose from. We were torn because in the Jewish faith is customary to name a child after someone who has passed away. Thankfully we don't have any options - since my Bubbie died in 2002, no other close family members have died (let's keep it that way, please). I was sad we didn't have something to pass onto our son. But now we are even more confused because we discovered another name we both really like. I'm going to put these out there (because we haven't been keeping them a secret) but it's not up for debate. Feel free to post your opinions but remember we will decide no matter what anyone says. So here they are: Jesse, Ari, and now...Ezra. None typical, but what did you expect. It's so nice talking about these things - I'm really loving this.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ari and Ian go nicely together.

8/23/2006 10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home