The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

August

I don't think I've written about August - not like an update for the month but of all the things that seem to connect with August. It all started while on vacation in early June. I was shopping at this little bead store and found a pre-made bracelet. It was super pretty and I took a closer look I saw my birthstone, Ian's birthstone, and Sam's birthstone - but there was one more, Peridot, the birthstone for August. I passed on the bracelet but kept thinking about it. When we returned home I found out one of my friends has found the elusive Asian boy Cabbage Patch Kid and purchased him for us. Upon his delivery I discovered his name was August. Then we found out from WACAP that they came home from their Thailand visit with no specific update for us, but would check back in August. I started noticing a lot of combinations of the four colors I saw in the bracelet and just got hooked that there was something the universe was trying to tell me about August.

But I tried not to get too excited. I knew we would not receive our referral - too early. I thought, maybe our son was born in August and will soon celebrate his 1st birthday. Maybe we'll receive a great update that will align the planets in my August obsession....well......WE RECEIVED AN UPDATE!!!!!! I picked up the phone today to hear Andrea, the program director from WACAP. I did't think anything of it - thinking she was being proactive with her nuerotic client. Keeping one step ahead of my nagging inquires - but NO she had a real update for us.

Ready?

Okay - WE'VE BEEN MATCHED!!!!!!!!!! We have a son out there at the Thai Red Cross at this very moment that's just for us. So, I know you have a lot of questions - but here's the basics. We know nothing. It's a boy - literally that's it. Now, he will proceed with medical exams and tests and the orphanage will get all the paperwork ready for our official referral. We'll get pictures, medical history, social history - his entire file. Andrea thinks this will arrive around October. If all goes as planned with the rest of the process we really think we'll be traveling around the New Year - but i don't want to get my hopes up too much. So I'm remaining on the happy news!!!!!! This is the first step into the final phase of the journey leading to our son!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratualtions on being matched! What exciting news for your entire family. Also congrats on your random strangers reading about your journey! How cool is that!
HOpe you find out more quickly because I'm sure your mind is going crazy picturing and imagining your son! To bad you can't get an untrasound of your heart to see your son that is growing in there.
Renee

8/10/2006 10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home