The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Agency Update - finally

After a week of going balistic and biting Sam's head off at ever chance, he called the agency and checked on where our update was. The response "oh, thanks for calling and reminding me I have to do that for you." WHAT?!?!?!?!? Then a few hours later I receive an email consisting of about 2 lines. Summed up: our status hasn't changed, wait times haven't changed. I was so pissed off I couldn't believe it. If you can get blown off over an email, that was certainly it. So me being me, I went straight to the source - the Director of all Asia programs and the woman who went on the trip. I layed it out about not feeling important and how I was hoping for more information in general and blah blah blah......the next day I received a very long email with lots of details that have brought peace back into my world.

She told us about the facility and how it's clean and very hospital like in the bedrooms but there are playrooms and an outside play area where the children spend most of their time. It's well staffed and not over crowded with kids. The main doctor is very dedicated and has worked there a long time and everyone seems very close to the children and cares a lot. All very nice things to hear when picturing your child in an institution.

She plans on touching base again with the director of the TRC Children's Home in August and hoping to get a more of an estimate for us on how our wait is looking. Our year anniversary is in October and we are not expecting anything before then and probably closer to the end of the year (hopefully not too long though). Feels good to feel normal again. At least for now. :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you for going after the information! I'm glad you got some details that can make your wait more tolerable. Hang in there, honey. It'll be worth it in the end. While I know that isn't new information for you, I figured a reminder couldn't hurt. If you must see a silver lining, look at it this way - I get more time to work on your scrapbook. :)
Hugs!!

Jenny

7/11/2006 1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home