The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

more findings by me

I've finally gotten in touch with a Thai Cultural and Arts Center - it's in a south suburb of Chicago, which does make it a hike for us - but will probably be worth the journey on many occations. Not only do they host events and hows but they offer classes in music, dance, language, and performance martial arts. The last one is of great interest to me because of the prospect of having two boys. I don't care if they are in dance - I'd encourage that actually because I think dance is beautiful. But I know boys would enjoy martial arts - as I was saying in a previous post the Muay Thai boxing is one of the most popular and easily found forms of Thai martial arts in the US. So the fact that there would be a class that would teach cool moves with fun weapons in a purely performance manor sounds perfect to me. We saw some of this last summer at the Taste of Thailand and it was really great. We are hoping to go down and tour the facility and learn more about the programs in the near future. Anothing thing that will help us keep the Thai culture in the life of our child and our whole family.

I'm also nearly 1/10th of the way done with my big project. That doesn't sound like a lot - and it certainly doesn't look like a lot when I have the vastly white canvans infront of me, but it's a huge accomplishement and I can't wait till it's finished. Although at this pace, I hope I will not have time to finish before the baby comes home. :) That would suck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home