The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Nothing much really

I've not posted lately because I've been in a bit of a funk. Not about the adoption, but just in general. Although I did recently realize that our flight to Thailand would cost us nearly twice what I had expected - simply because in order to upgrade with mile points you have to purchase a rather expensive class ticket to begin with. grrrrrrr - so frustrating. So once again my mind is whirling with money making ideas that will help bring our baby home. Anyone know Oprah or a millionaire or any generous sponsor who would love a Thai relative in their life?

Anyway - one great thing going on right now is the Olympics! I love the Olympics - they are one of my favorite things in the whole world (Summer and Winter). A lot of people don't know this about me, but I really do enjoy sports. I know my fabulous physical shape (hahahah) should give that away....but no, really - I'm a huge sports fan. I'm a great spectator and will sit down and watch nearly any sport. I especially like it when I can ask questions and learn more and understand what's really going on. So, while watching the opening ceremonies I was surprised to see 1 little athelete from Thailand. Of course he got to carry the flag :) Which made be dig deeper in the sport of Thai sports.

Turns out Thais have a pretty big turn out for the summer games - huge in boxing, that's where most of their medals come from. There is Muay Thai boxing - which is one of the most visicious sports I've ever seen. Talk about mortal combat - this sport is hard core, and I actually have a hard time watching it at all. But I do have good news on that later. There is also a sport calledSepak Takraw. It's a traditional sport kinda like volleyball - there is a net, two teams, and a ball. However the ball is made of ratan and the net is much lower - which is good because the players can only use their feet, legs, and head. I think it would be intersting to get to see a game while we are over there. I've also learned that Thais are really into English Premier League Soccer. I'm guessing this the David Beckham type soccer, but I haven't been able to research it yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home