The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Monday, June 12, 2006

June

After traveling and resettling I figured it's time for a monthly update. Not much to report. The agency is currently in Thailand and I'm anxious to hear what they are learning. However, I know I'll be crushed if they don't bring back any news specific to us. I know our 12 months is not up until October, but to have nothing from last October until we receive our referral - will just keep getting harder. I will take anything, even a "Yes, they are moving up in our pile of people to match" Any clue that we are still in the minds of the women who run the orphanage.

I'm getting tired of answering the same questions over and over again. Yes, I'm pretty sure we will NOT be getting a girl. How many times do I have to repeat myself - to the same people!!!! Random venting. It's not like I'm opposed to a girl, but I'm staying realistic here. With all the other variables and things I need to stay focused on, hoping for the gods to send me a girl seems like a waste of hope. How about hoping for a speedy match, a healthy child, a fast travel invite....all those things seem so much more important.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home