The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Saturday, August 19, 2006

mother of two?

Things have been really crazy since we heard our amazing news. The whirlwind of phone calls to family and friends, emails, co-worker announcements, and wrapping my own head around it.

If you'd have asked me a few months ago what this news would do to me I would have answered - make me even crazier. But I've actually become more calm, more focused on my cross-stitch project, and more aware of my motherhood status. I'll be driving down the street and suddenly the thought will pop in my head "soon I'll have two car seats and two babbling kids in the backseat" or I'll be reaching my boiling point in a store as Ian is misbehaving beyond my wildest dreams and think "Oh my goodness - I'll have two soon! What have I done." But sometimes I just smile randomly thinking about the songs I'll sing to him or imagining Ian taking his hand and leading him into an adventure. I really am hoping to receive the referral sooner than later, but for now I think this part of the wait will be the most calm. I know there is progress and he's there waiting for us, but I also know there is nothing I can do to make things faster. It might be different once I know his face and his name and I'll start tryingto cast spells to move time, but for now this is a pretty happy part of the process. I need to remember this feeling.

Thanks for all those well wishes that came to us and for all of you reading who keep us in your thoughts. We really appreciate it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home