The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

A new project

I'm starting a new project. I will not be giving up on my cross-stitch, I'll probably be doingt hat for another year or so :) But this new project is much smaller and will travel with us to Thailand when we pick up our son. The plan is to scrapbook an alphabet book that will include pictures of family and friends for us to read and look at together. Not only will he get to see pictures of those who will be in his life but we'll work on the alphabet as well - not too shabby, huh? How will I do this book - scrapbooking. I know I know! Shocking to most of you since my total lack of interest in the scrapbooking/stamping arenas but I saw a completed book and thought it was super cute. I figure with my layout and design background I could make a great keepsake for our son - something he'll have forever (although I'm sure boys would outgrow something like that much faster than girls, it'll still be his - like Ian's babybook). I'm in the process of collecting pictures and actually printing out ones I already have. There is no doubt in my mind that this will NOT become a hobby - I'm too involved with other activities to add something else to the mix, but it'll be fun as a one time deal.

My boss at the YMCA is going to help me and let me use her stuff - so no major investment, which is nice. I'm fighting a cold and wish the weather would decide what season to be but for the most part things are going well. Ian started school and tomorrow has his first soccer session and it's September (getting closer to October). Things are good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home