The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Always someone to tell

I love the fact that whenever I turn around there is someone else to share our good news with. It remains fresh and happy instead of turning into the stale waiting period until the referral arrives. I sent several questions to the agency regarding the future and what happens now. I've allowed myself to start planning ahead and thinking about presents and toys for my son as well as donations to the TRC. The agency told me they like developmental toys that are not language based and I'm already starting to brainstorm and might even allow myself to start making some purchases. There are a few small things I picked up when the process began - it made me happy to buy little things for my future son, but I have yet to make a purchase since knowing he's really out there. I want it to be perfect - even though he'll never fully understand or even remember and it will be given to him among several things, at least I'll always know. I don't think I ever put this much thought or effort into buying things for Ian. I was so scared with him up until the very end when he was delivered - I never allowed myself to get this excited. I didn't feel the butterflies the same way I am now.

I'm excited September is here and we can start a new month - another day closer to the next step and any additional information that might come our way. I can't wait to see his face or more so, give him a hug.

2 Comments:

Blogger raych said...

hannah, i'm so happy for you. i check in with your blog regularly to see how things are coming, and i'm so pleased that some motherless baby is going to find love with you. one of the hardest things for me to come to terms with regarding my five boys is that, no matter how much i love them now, i can't go back in time and give them the love of a family. i can't return their childhood to them, and it gladdens my heart to know that one less child faces that fate. blessings on you and your family as you prepare for this.

9/04/2006 2:24 AM  
Blogger Hannah said...

Thanks Raych - I loved reading about your boys and your time in Thailand. Your support feels great to us - thanks for reading :)

9/04/2006 4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home