The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Friday, September 15, 2006

Cool shirt

I found a really cool website that prints super cute adoption themed shirts. I ordered a custom shirt that will proudly display "Expecting from Thailand"!!!! I'm very excited. There are cute kids shirts but they are smaller sizes and won't fit our little guy (I assume). I've decided that from now on when people ask how many kids I have I'll answer: one boy, and one on the way. I know I'll have to explain a lot but I want to own this news - spread the word and allow myself to be happy and joyful, like most expectant mothers.

Today Ian was playing with a little boy at the mall. I asked the mother what nationality they were and found out Fillapeno. I know it's not the same, but a lot closer than Chinese or Korean, so I explained to Ian that this little boy might look a lot like how is brother will look. It was quite a sight seeing that image - picturing my future. Ian didn't care what the boy looked like - he was just having fun jumping around. I just don't want to pretend it doesn't matter and not talk about it - I don't want Ian to be surprised when we get home and disappointed because his brother didn't look like he thought. It'll matter for the rest of his life, and people will always see how they are different first - I want Ian to know and not care, and know that it doesn't mean they are not brothers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home