The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Keeping busy

I've been keeping busy and it sure is helping the time fly by. It's hard to believe it's the middle of September already. I'm in the middle of planning a fundraising event for RESOLVE, which will be a large vendor fair open house. It's going to be a lot of time coordinating and confirming, then designing the flyers, advertising, getting the work out there to people, and hoping people show up. But the event is at the end of October, so hopefully it'll keep me busy and take my mind off things through the month because I'm really starting to get antsy about our referral.

Sam and I have started talking about coming home and airport stuff, imagining Ian meeting his brother for the first time, and what it'll be like to have two boys running around this house!!!!! I get scared, I get nervous, but it always makes me smile. We went to a presentation by a couple who had adopted from China and it was so real. They showed a video of their travels and when they met their daughter for the first time.....I was crying! I could really picture what it might be like for us and it was so real - so close!

Cross stitch is coming along, I'm nearly done with square number 7!!!! Only 13.5 to go. I've started writing the verses for the ABC scrapbook and collecting pictures. And now the RESOLVE event. I think I'm good to go for a while :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home