The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

tick tock tick tock

I feel like October has been the slowest month EVER!!!!! I finally had to break down and call the agency - it's pretty exhausting waking up every morning thinking today is the day. I called and spoke with Andrea, our program director, and she assured me her efforts to contact the TRC for an update were relentless. I believe her - I've obviously never met her, or even seen a picture, but there is just something about our conversations that I truly believe she's on our side. She informed me that her emails to the TRC on our behalf (and for the family ahead of us who's waiting to travel) have been unanswered, but she would not give up trying. She also mentioned her strong feelings regarding our referral and getting it to us. If we have not received anything in the mail by the agency's visit to Thailand next month, she was going to make it very clear to the TRC she planned on bringing it home with her. At least that puts a nice little deadline on our wait - but it's still another month away. She had not given up hope of us getting it sooner though, and that made me feel better.

Well - I received an email today from her that will definatley help take the edge off. The TRC social worker finally responded to Andrea's inquires and this is what we got:

"The nurse said that the medical assessment of the Listopad is almost done, I will send to you as soon as it finished."

How cute it that!!!!! First of all, it made me smile thinking of them labeling our son as "the Listopad" although I'm sure that's just a language barrier. But knowing that it won't be done tomorrow or even the next day makes me feel less anxious but there is still hope that possible next week - or before the end of October! I'm holding onto that, hoping that their definition of almost done is the same as mine - and that the parts that aren't done move along quickly.

Not bad for a mid-month update. At this point every little bit helps.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am reminded of days when everyone was awaiting the 'big' envelopes from the colleges they hoped to attend because the big envelopes were better sine they contained more information. Do you know your mail carrier's name, route and exact arrival time yet?

10/23/2006 3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home