The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Time goes by

Well, 12 days into November and I'm back to a feeling of total helplessness. Our program director, Andrea, is currently in Thailand visiting on behalf of the agency. Our last contact with her was optimistic with her havin been granted permission to meet our son during her visit with the TRC. She thought this was a great sign because they are usually very protective over the children's identities before they are officially matched with a family. Although our son has been assigned to us - we have yet to see his paperwork and medical history - therefore we have not officially accepted the match. Crazy - like I can imagine saying no at this point!!!!! But I understand their position. Andrea also felt this was a good sign that our referral was completed and they will hopefully be bringing it home with them. It seems so unreal that she could be holding our son in like 24 hours. She will be in the same room - looking at him and talking to him. I'm really trying hard to stay calm and not get my hopes up too high but it's so hard. After watching October come and go, I just feel it's our time for something good to happen - something to move us to the next stage of the process.

We are keeping busy though and trying not to think about things for the week. I've been told we could receive news a few days before Thanksgiving so I'm just going to get through this week. My sister, Donna, and her husband David and daughter, Faren are here for the week - which is totally going to help me from obsessing over this. I'm greatful for their timing and distraction.

This past week has also been a busy Thai culture week for us. On Thursday night, Sam and I went to a Thai cooking class. It was so much fun and we really learned some great recipes - and at least two of which we plan on making soon (and for a party we are attending in December). We are considering having a private lesson with the chef to learn a few more dishes. We also were able to get together with local families who have adopted from Thailand on Saturday night. We got together to celebrate Loy Krathong (www.thaistudents.com/festivals/loykrathong.html). Ian built a traditional Krathong (a float that carries wishes and thanks on the water). And once we download the photos I'm going to try and upload one. I need practice because one I receive a picture of number 2 son I'm going to want to post it for everyone to see!!!!!! Plus Ian is very proud of his Krathong.

I can feel the anxiousness creeping back into my soul - and I hope that things move swiftly and end up going our way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home