The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The wait continues

I feel compelled to write something because in theory there are people coming here looking for pictures....which as you can see, there are none. I'm not sure what's going on except Seattle is frozen and people can't seem to navigate the inclines very well and therefore our agency has been closed. Today people made it to the office but when I spoke with Andrea she hadn't received any mail. She assured me she'd email me when she mails the package to us - which means it could have arrived today with a backlog of other packages that have not been able to be delivered and she'll mail it to us tomorrow...or it could mean it has still not arrived.

I'm trying really hard not to get down or frustrated because really - what is that going to help? There is no more advocating that can be done - no more emails to the TRC to be sent - if it's in the mail it's in the mail. Period. If it's not for some reason in the mail - then I have no idea what's going on and again my happiness about traveling in the Spring (which to me means April) are dwindling. I know technically Spring could include May but I don't want it to....so it doesn't.

So we'll just keep waiting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home