The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Sunday, January 28, 2007

UPS and other mysteries of the universe

I found it impossible to write this before tonight - it would have been too much for me to process rationally. I just have one question - why is this process, one that's suppose to be happy, riddled with so much pain and frustration? How does that make sense?

As you know from my last post, Friday was suppose to be a very exciting day in our lives. I stayed home for the entire day (Ian and I in our pajamas) and Sam worked from home anxiously awaiting the hero UPS man. We had the camera ready to capture the moment and the delivery man that made it all happen.....needless to say it didn't work out that way. The longer we waited the more confused and angry I was getting. We called UPS a few times and each time it was they same answer "they have until 11:59pm to deliver the package" or "they usually deliver until 9pm" So we just kept waiting and didn't get anywhere. Around 8:45pm, I was freaking out and called UPS - not taking no for an answer. I talked to 3 customer service people before breaking down in tears and getting connecting to a supervisor. I feel bad for that person now because I'm sure she had no idea what to do with me. I was sobbing about the package and the importance. Of course the customer service people are in another state and really can't do anything - but I was not going to accept that at that point. Back and forth and several hours later I was once again sobbing uncontrolably to a UPS customer service supervisor because we found out our package was misplaced. It apparently got put on the wrong truck in the morning and was never relocated during they day. Back at the distribution center no one seemed to know where it was...can you imagine!!!!! I was a mess.

We had to wait until Saturday morning to find out anything else and hope the package was found and put for delivery that day. Luckily, it was and it was guaranteed for noon delivery. Time did not move quickly and poor Ian had no idea what to do with me after seeing me crying the night before. He kept trying to make sure I was feeling happy. Well, we're not sure how or by whom but the package arrived a little after 11am - the doorbell was not rung and no picture was taken (not that I wanted one at that point).

But the point is - we have our referral and will be sending it back to WACAP (via FedEx) tomorrow. It's unreal - we received a short video that was taken in November and a few more pictures from the TRC that were not dated. I'll have plenty of time to fill everyone in on the details over the next couple of months while the next phase of waiting takes place.

Can you even believe this?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very exciting!

2/01/2007 11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home