The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Friday, January 26, 2007

Passing the time

Well, we finally learned that our referral took the long way to Seattle. We were told the TRC mailed it regular mail instead of USP or FedEx to get it here faster. Apparently it arrived at our agency yesterday and our referral package was overnighted to us and should get here today. I've been sitting staring out the window for most of the morning - I refuse to leave the house. I also thought this would be a good time to share some happenings of the last few days.

Sharing Jesse's picture has been amazing - the email response from our families and friends could not have been happier and being able to talk about our process in a pro-active way has been amazing. We are no longer just waiting, or know nothing, we are now waiting to travel! We have pictures and a history and information (and hopefully today we'll have some video footage). It a turn in the process I never though would get here - going through the motions are weird. You know there is a baby coming, you know it's going to happen, and you kinda have an idea of what's going to happen - but months and months go by and you think to yourself..."wait, is all this for real? " There is so much downtime, I had to put a lot of it to the back of my mind otherwise I'd have gone even more crazy.

Also - one of the best things happened on Wednesday with my mom. Now my mom knows nothing of technology so I'm not writing this to suck up (because I know she won't read it) but once she had permission to show of Jesse's picture if was like wildfire. I was lucky enough to witness this - I stopped by her work to give her a copy of the picture and she immediatley went around to ever co-worker repeating "This is my future grandson!" "Look at my future grandson".....Not once did she say "adopted" or "from Thailand" or "my daughter's" She owned him - 100% he was hers and she grinned from ear to ear. I nearly started to cry. I know she loves him as much as Ian and always will. I want to remember her, in that moment, forever. It meant a lot to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home