The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Happy Birthday!

Dear Jesse,
Happy Birthday, my little boy! There is great joy in this day but I'm so sad that I'm not with you to help you celebrate, hug you tight, and feed you cake. Do you even know today is your birthday? Our lives are so different because of this day - the day your came into the world. I know your birthmother is probably thinking of you as well - same as me - wondering how you are and what you are doing? I know you will have a better day in Thailand because here at home it is cold and snowy. I'm sure you will get to play outside today. There is so much I'd like to say to your future self - about how I feel on this day. Although we have never met face to face, I love you with all my heart, you are my son, and on this day I will celebrate you and think about all the birthdays we will have together.
Love you,
Mommy

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw!

3/06/2007 9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home