The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Friday, March 23, 2007

A good cry

I've seemed to turn a mental corner. I'm not feeling totally perky or anything but at least I can manage to communicate with others and focus on my daily activities. I had myself a good cry Thursday night. I just lost it - and let everything pour out of my soul (via my eyes and my nose). It was a long, hard, stupid kind of cry that came in waves and just when I thought it was over another wave came crashing in. Fridays are my down days - no school, no work, no place in particular we have to be. It's often our playdate day but we had no plans, which worked out well as my emotional state tried to recover. We also sent Ian out for a sleep over - and took a much needed date night for ourselves. It was nice, had a great dinner, saw a great movie, came home and cleaned the house for the following day (family was coming over to celebrate Ian's birthday). And okay, in all honest, Sam cleaned the house and I crashed into an uninturrupted night of slumber. I have no idea what the week will bring but for now I feel on the upswing again so that's a good sign. Baby steps, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home