The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Friday, April 20, 2007

Who knew?!?!

Most of the people who read this know me personally. I have a few internet friends who found me through various methods, but for the most part everyone reading knows me, my son, and my dear husband, Sam. Sam's a quiet kinda guy - one of little opinion, little bother, and little motivation (just saying). But at the same time he never seizes to amaze me (sometimes in a bad way, but not this time) - one thing Sam is apparently good at is mapping out foreign locations. I don't know how or when but he managed to figure out on a map of Bangkok the general area of nearly every building we will have to visit. While I've been drowning in papers and desperately emailing my alumni friend trying to figure everything out - Sam's been sitting with the laptop researching locations and hotels. Out of no where he knows landmarks, buildings, parks, train stops, and the names of several Bangkok neighborhoods! Who knew?! Now, I love Sam, and don't get me wrong he's a great guy - but communicating is not his best feature, so I was a little nervous even knowing I'd have him by my side the entire trip. Now....not so much. He has planted a seed of calmness into me that I hope will grow into every blood cell I have :)

We have found a great hotel that is a good price, good location, and has a lot of cool amenities (like wi-fi, a playground, pool, on site restaurant, and kitchenettes in each room). It's a huge load off knowing that some pieces of the puzzle are starting to fall into place. I'm still super confused by a government form I have to fill out and we still need to run around and get another paper notarized.....BUT we are checking several things off our to-do list. Now I can focus on something a little more fun - like shopping for a great, comfy, weather appropriate outfit for our board meeting. :)

As you can tell, I'm in a good mood - I can't guarantee how long this will last - especially with Wednesday just around the corner. We hope to hear our official travel date on Wednesday or Thursday. Keep hoping for May - but I know it might be June.

1 Comments:

Blogger April said...

Hannah,
We, too, are waiting anxiously for Wednesday. Good luck and can't wait to hear about your travel date!!

4/21/2007 12:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home