The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Getting by

It's always nice to have someone in your corner - someone you know is rooting for you and thinking of you and maybe even praying for you. I feel I have many of those things going on for me these days. After another mini breakdown, Andrea from WACAP did her best to reassure me. She told me I was strong and I could do this - she said "It's only a matter of time" which doesn't sound conforting at first but when I took a step back and thought about she's right. It's not infertility when a matter of time could be 10 months or 10 years.....our son is already out there, he's already ours..it's just a matter of time. I think I can deal with that. But it was nice to know Andrea was willing to fight for us - she sent another email out to the TRC regarding other families and once again sent a plea for our speedy travel...although all I was hoping for was an updated weight so I could buy some clothes. Thanks to Andrea not only did we get updated weight (18.5 lbs) and height (30 in) we received 10 new pictures!!!!!!!!!

I was so overwhelmed looking through them - not only because he had grown so much (the last pictures we had of him he was around 10 months old) but because he was holding presents we had sent him and the photo album we had sent. I felt a real connection at that moment - like even from all the way over here I have already had a small impact on his daily life. It felt really good. So I share with you one of my favorite pictures - enjoy.




And because my poor boy, Ian,
always gets left out - here's one of him too! :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hannah,

I think about you everyday. This is also my favorite picture. I uploaded it and ordered wallet size. I can put it up at work and proudly show off my nephew. David loves to show him and Ian off regularly.

love you

4/11/2007 10:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Hannah--

I have been thinking about you and checking your blog each day, praying for your news. Jesse's latest picture is completely adorable. What a sweet face he has! His eyes are amazing.

Would a playdate help to pass the time while you wait for news? We'll come to you!

Hoping for some speedy resolution for all four of you--
hugs, Libby

4/12/2007 7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home