The Adoption Option

My spot for thoughts, feelings, rambles, and updates as we journey through the adoption process. Highlights: Dossier arrived in Thailand ~ Sept 26, 2005; Approved ~ October, 2005; Matched ~ August, 2006; Referral received ~ January 2007; Traveled & Home ~ June, 2007; Finalized!! ~ December, 2007

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Upswing

Amazing what a good cry can do. I'm feeling so much better and in a much better place although nothing has really changed in terms of travel dates. I talked to Andrea and although she has no answers she's very reassuring - and very supportive. Just the way she talks to me is almost nurturing and I really feel she's doing everything she can to help us along in this process. Well, her feelings are that we could really hear about traveling any day now and that we actually don't have to wait for these meetings to hear anything. She said after people are presented the files go to the social worker - and she's in charge or fitting everyone into the calendar. That's where Andrea feels our file is, sitting there waiting to be fit into the calendar. All I can do is take a deep breath and try to stay positive because March was not a good month - and I don't want to go back to that place.

But we did receive some information from the family that just got back from bringing home their son. They got home last weekend, so everything is still fresh - and I was surprised to hear from her to quickly - but she sent me a mini update. She caught a glimpse of Jesse while she was at the TRC - he still doesn't have much hair. :) Also, one of the women who runs the TRC told her that he's walking!!!!!!! I can't even believe it - he's walking!!!!!! He's only 13 months old - I don't care who you are orphanage or not - that's good! Right on track with Ian when he was a baby.

So I'm going to bed with visions of my sweet baby (who's actually a toddler) waddling around and hopefully we will hear something very soon about being able to bring him home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home